Thursday, January 20, 2011

BBQ Jalapenos

These things are my new favorites.  I could just make them and eat a batch of them myself! (Ops, don't tell... I did the other day!)  I saw them on a blog a while ago and then decided to make them this summer...  I LOVE them :)  I found the recipe on this blog.  I didn't change a thing, they are wonderful as they are!  One tip :   Don't buy the thick bacon because it takes to long to crisp up!


BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Jalapenos
20 fresh jalapenos, cut in half and seeded
2 blocks of cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound bacon, cut into thirds
BBQ sauce
toothpicks
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Spread some of the cheese mixture in each jalapeno half. Wrap each piece with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Brush with BBQ sauce, and place on a baking sheet lined with foil.  Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until bacon is nicely browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment